- About us
- FPIN Institute
- Get Started with a Workshop
FPIN is a community of inclusion that is committed to engaging residency programs who wish to join us in revolutionizing primary care by translating research into practice. As the community grows, so does our potential to impact the family medicine workforce, residency education, and the dissemination of answers to important clinical questions.
FPIN currently works with over 155+ family medicine residency programs through publication opportunities, on-site workshops, and online learning modules that support evidence based medicine education and curricula. With the requirements for scholarly activity, FPIN has developed a plan by which we provide:
• Faculty and professional development with national leadership roles avaliable through FPIN's Leadership and Editor Network
• Achievable publication opportunities for busy faculty and residents
• Opportunities to present at national meetings
• The building blocks to support a culture of inquiry
• Mediums to disseminate answers to clinical questions to practicing clinicians
• Faculty-resident mentorship support
FPIN is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The FPIN community is sustained through membership fees, journal contracts and subscriptions. All family medicine residency programs (including osteopathic) are eligible to apply for FPIN membership. We are a community based organization joined together because of our mutual interest in seeing the mission of FPIN realized; "FPIN provides quality education and professional development for primary care clinicians to practice evidence-based medicine and produce scholarship." Founding Member Departments, as well as a limited number of Organizational Members, provide leadership and hold a voting position on the FPIN Board of Directors.
To kick off the start of the 2017-2018 academic year, FPIN will be awarding 7 Writing Workshop Scholarships! To learn more and apply, please click here.
The deadline to apply is June 15th and recipients will be notified by July 15th.